Thank you for visiting the Walla Walla Clinic Job Center. We're always looking for great people to join our team. Click on one of the job openings below for specific details about a job. Benefits provided to physicians and staff include: Health, dental and disability insurance, 401k plan and pension plan.
Diabetic Educator and Diabetic Education Program Coordinator #H1-10252019
Monday - Friday
Applicants to be considered for this position must apply online and upload your resume for each position. Employees wishing to be considered must complete a transfer form.
Provide individualized diabetes self-management education/training to individuals and groups according to Standards of Practice for Diabetes Educators (AADE)
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide education related to diabetes and disease process-including treatment, active disease management and prevention.
- Providing ongoing assessment and recommendations to the treatment team and patient/family.
- Provide up to date information/recommendation as outlined by the ADA Standard of Care.
- Coordinate support groups, outreach education classes.
- Be well versed in continuous glucose monitoring and insulin infusion pumps.
- Evaluate effectiveness of education services offered by measuring learning objectives.
- Conducts follow up assessment upon completed program services, using outcome measures from AADE Outcomes Framework.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the DSME program.
- Arranges and coordinates the activities of the Advisory Group.
- Liaison between the staff, advisory group, other departments and administration.
- Monitors and facilitates the maintenance of staff qualifications.
- Responsible for maintaining ADA recognition and participating in evaluation of the program’s effectiveness.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Health professional who is either registered or licensed by the appropriate accrediting body in his/her respective field.
- Registered dietician preferred but not required.
- Strong background and/or experience in diabetes.
- Certified diabetic educator through AADE
- Applies expert knowledge along with related experiences to accomplish goals and objectives with patients.
- Well versed in current diabetic treatment guidelines.
- Able to lead and effectively manage groups
- Basic computer skills/ability to utilize Diasend.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical demands: lifting, carry, sitting, walking and standing
Position Type/Expected Hours to work: Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Other Duties: As assigned
Friday, October 25, 2019
Open until filledApply for this job