MA-C / MA-P #F1-10212020
Pediatrics - MA-C / MA-P #F1-10212020
Monday - Friday (some evenings and weekends)
Applicants to be considered for this position must apply online and upload your resume for each position. Employees wishing to be considered must complete a transfer form.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform phlebotomy, label, process, and route specimens.
- Room patients and perform vitals, injections, and immunizations.
- Prepare clean and sterile fields for minor procedures.
- Order tests electronically in electronic health record and lab processing software
- Perform point of care testing as appropriate.
- Track results, troubleshoot issues and communicate with providers.
- Maintain and order clinical supplies
- Monitor and track lab results
- Treat patients in a professional and caring manner
- Instruct patients in sample collection
- Assisting physician in caring for patients by maintaining an organized and efficient workflow in the office setting.
- Provide individualized care to clinic patients under the direction of the physician and within scope of practice.
- Perform interventions as ordered by the physicians and consistent with approved protocols, policies and procedures, and evidence based best practice.
- Assist with scheduling of diagnostic tests, and initiate insurance authorizations.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation and demonstrate Electronic Health Record competency.
- Provide education to patient and family as directed by the physician.
- Maintain cleanliness of examination rooms, and ensure rooms are supplied appropriately.
- Monitor supplies, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and provider schedules.
- Completion of tasks on a daily basis.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Serve as patient advocate.
- Serve as role model and mentor to other staff and students in the health professions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Provider and Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
All applicants must have at least a high school diploma, be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, and hold a current Washington State MA-C or MA-P certification. Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively, problem solve, multi-task, and maintain patient confidentiality. Computer knowledge and proficiency is required as is the ability to learn multiple computer programs.
Preferred Skills: Spanish language proficiency and a minimum of 2 years phlebotomy and/or MA-C experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical demands: Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach, and minor lifting.
Position Type/Expected Hours to work: Full-time/Non-Exempt
Other Duties: As assigned
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Open until filledApply for this job