Thank you for visiting the Walla Walla Clinic Job Center. We're always looking for great people to join our team. Click on one of the job openings below for specific details about a job. Benefits provided to physicians and staff include: Health, dental and disability insurance, 401k plan and pension plan.
Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
Applicants to be considered for this position must apply online and upload your resume for each position. Employees wishing to be considered must complete a transfer form.
Role and Responsibilities
Buyer position responsibilities to include:
- Purchase medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and other specialty items.
- Adhere to controlled medication ordering guidelines.
- Manage and maintain printed material for the clinic.
- Oversee and approve office supply orders; make order changes as needed; continually recommend on-contract supplies.
- Manage primary distributor online ordering; verify department orders; make changes or recommendations as needed.
- Receive all warehouse freight daily; verify/match shipments with purchase orders; follow up with vendors regarding discrepancies or damaged freight.
- Communicate with departments regarding supply changes, delays or recalls; seek alternative vendor or supplies for product shortages.
- Assist with warehouse deliveries
- Recommend economical methods of shipments consistent with delivery requirements for supplies.
- Maintain and monitor supplies stocked in the warehouse; manage stored vaccines and ensure compliance with CDC guidelines.
- Complete quarterly and annual warehouse cycle count.
- Manage return of expired medication; adhere to the return of controlled medication guidelines.
- Provide Account Payable with accurate receiving reports bi-weekly; submit all received freight information to AP.
- Provide Accounting Manager with weekly material issuing reports; provide estimated cost of stocked warehouse supplies at end of month.
- Monitor costs set by signed Intelere GPO contracts; take advantage of cost saving opportunities provided by our Group Purchasing Organization.
- Continually seek out cost saving opportunities where available; introduce alternative supplies and materials to departments.
- Maintain relationships with reps and vendors.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe warehouse work environment.
- Update Business Office of cost changes to support accurate reimbursement; inform Accounting of increased drug costs.
- Submit new drug and supply cost information to Business Office.
- Sort packaged linens that are delivered daily; provide assistance with any laundry issues.
- Provide support with department lounge supplies; work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Prepare shipping labels for FedEx and UPS as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Position requires occasional heavy lifting of packages/deliveries up to approximately 30 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours to work
Full time, 40 hrs per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Open until filledApply for this job